Critical Times in Life that You Need Life Insurance
Thinking about our own mortality is rarely a pleasant experience. However, there are moments in your life when contemplating the inevitable becomes necessary. Pondering your untimely passing is not so much about you, but those you leave behind. The unexpected loss could have significant financial consequences and life insurance is often the most economical financial instrument to protect those you love.
You Generate Income
If your family depends on your ability to earn an income to help pay for the mortgage, utilities, food, tuition, and so on, you need life insurance. It doesn’t matter if you are the breadwinner or not. If your sudden loss would significantly impact your family’s standard of living, you need life insurance.
You Are a Stay-at-Home Partner
Individuals who may not earn an income, but who contribute to the family by caring for children or loved ones, would have an economic impact to their family in the event they suddenly passed away. If the ability to continue earning income or the cost to replace the value you provide is significant, you need life insurance.
You Have Children
The cost of rearing children is increasing every year. While it may be feasible to provide for your children if the other parent passed away, consider those things which may be pushed aside due to a shift in your financial situation. College tuition, wedding plans, and extracurricular activities are often forgone after the loss of a parent who doesn’t have life insurance.
You Have a Child/Adult with Special Needs
Children with special needs may require financial assistance throughout their entire lives. It is not uncommon for special needs adults to outlive their parents. Life insurance, either purchased individually or in the form survivorship coverage where both parents are insured, can provide the financial means to provide necessary financial support.
You Have Co-signed Loans
If you have co-signed on a loan, you may want to consider the other financially liable individual to purchase life insurance. Larger loans such as mortgages and private school loans may place a financial hardship on a co-signer should the other individual pass away.
You Don’t Have Adequate Savings
Adults who have not saved enough for their retirement and final expenses will want to consider purchasing a life insurance policy. If married, the funds can be used to replace pensions and social security payments of the deceased partners. Additionally, the benefit can also pay for unpaid medical bills, funeral costs, and unpaid debts.
Do any of the above apply to you?
Contact our office today to review your situation and determine if adding life insurance coverage would be a good move for you and the people you care about
- VIDEO: Medicare Supplement Plans
- VIDEO: Medicare Advantage Plans
- VIDEO: Medicare Basics Part D
- VIDEO: Medicare Basics Part B
- VIDEO: Medicare Basics Part A
- VIDEO: How do I Choose Medicare Coverage When I Retire?
- VIDEO: 5 Important Medicare Facts for Pre-Retirees
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year’s Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Common Exercise Pains – How to Work Past Them and When to Call for Help
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- How Does Inflation Affect Life Insurance?
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Do Brain Food Supplements Really Work?
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- What Are Alternatives if LTC isn’t Right for You?
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- Veteran and Medicare Benefits Work Together
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Choose an In-Home Care Provider for Your Loved One in 5 Steps
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- 5 Foods that Will Help Keep Your Mind Healthy
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- I’m 50 Years Old. Should I Keep My Life Insurance?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Life Insurance Policy
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Step Checklist to Choosing a Health Insurance Plan
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- 3 Incredible Healthcare Smart Technologies Coming Your Way
- Do I Need a Long-Term Care Plan?
- Senior Diet: To Meat or Not to Meat
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- How to Get Health Insurance if You’re a Freelancer
- Safety Tips for Driving in Winter
- Ways to Locate a Lost Life Insurance Policy
- Critical Times in Life that You Need Life Insurance
- Giving and Forgiving
- Why Buy Life Insurance on Children
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- What to Avoid When Switching to Medicare from the Public Health Exchange
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Is One of These Factors Keeping You from Seeking Life Insurance?
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Common Senior Micronutrient Deficiencies
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs in Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- How Valuable Is Cash Value Life Insurance?
- Mistakes You Can Make When Exercising at Home
- Why You Should Never Lie to the Underwriter
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Will My Life Insurance Policy Cover Me If Something Happens While Traveling?
- I’ve Been Denied a Life Insurance Policy. Now What?
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Getting Fit Before the Medical Exam
- The Basics of Insurance APIs
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- How to Stay Hydrated During the Summer Season
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
- What You Don’t Know About Senior Fitness
- The Last Guide to Chair Yoga You’ll Ever Need
- Sleep Care is the New Self-Care
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Carbon Monoxide Concerns in the Home
- How to Save on Electricity for Free
- Why You Should be Grateful for the Year 2020
- Whole or Term Life Insurance
- Does a Stay-at-Home Spouse Need Life Insurance?
- Preventing Heart Health Issues
- Life Insurance for Your Newlywed Child
- Exercises for a Sedentary Lifestyle
- Post Pandemic Travel Tips
- Remote Activities You Can Do with Your Grandkids
- Benefits of Grateful Living
- Power Foods that Lift the Spirit
- How to Live Without Regrets
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- Best Nutrition Apps