Giving and Forgiving
Researchers are learning many more of our physical ills are psychosomatically induced than first thought. In other words, much of the physical pain and discomfort we feel in our bodies is originating from emotional or mental causes, not from a physical condition.
The connection between the mind and body is a powerful one. But we are now learning just how strong our mental state of being impacts our physical form. As thoughts move between our consciousness and our subconsciousness, the harmful feelings we repress are affecting our everyday lives in very real and physical manifestations.
Retaining feelings of betrayal, disloyalty, disappointment, and other hurtful frames of mind leave us vulnerable. Over the course a few months, many individuals can encounter dozens of negative interactions with others. Over the course of an entire year, the total amount can reach well into the hundreds.
Many negative experiences are simply shrugged off as most situations don’t warrant our attention. We can dismiss these circumstances with simple justifications such as refrains as “it’s not that big of a deal” or “it is what it is.” But what happens when we can’t shake bad situations from our consciousness?
Left unaddressed, negativity will build within us and manifest itself into physical ails. This is when giving and forgiving should enter our lives.
The acts of giving and forgiving are practices we humans often have a difficult time exercising. However, both are very often the exact remedies necessary to provide relief to our negative feelings and the resulting physical conditions.
We often confuse forgiving someone as an action of giving something to someone else. That by forgiving someone, we in some ways are offering them sympathy, compassion, or a pardon for what they have done to us.
This is hardly the case.
Forgiving someone is a very personal, introspective process. In fact, we can forgive someone without them knowing we have. At some point in our lives, each of us has done just that – forgave someone who may no longer even be in our lives. This proves forgiving is not an outward display of feelings, but rather a self-fulling method that allows us to move on.
You see, forgiveness gives us the ability to release negative tension brought upon by others. And in doing so we can become healthier both mentally and physically. So next time you have experiences in your life that may be dragging you down, consider giving yourself the gift of forgiving others.
- VIDEO: Medicare Supplement Plans
- VIDEO: Medicare Advantage Plans
- VIDEO: Medicare Basics Part D
- VIDEO: Medicare Basics Part B
- VIDEO: Medicare Basics Part A
- VIDEO: How do I Choose Medicare Coverage When I Retire?
- VIDEO: 5 Important Medicare Facts for Pre-Retirees
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year’s Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Common Exercise Pains – How to Work Past Them and When to Call for Help
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- How Does Inflation Affect Life Insurance?
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Do Brain Food Supplements Really Work?
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- What Are Alternatives if LTC isn’t Right for You?
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- Veteran and Medicare Benefits Work Together
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Choose an In-Home Care Provider for Your Loved One in 5 Steps
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- 5 Foods that Will Help Keep Your Mind Healthy
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- I’m 50 Years Old. Should I Keep My Life Insurance?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Life Insurance Policy
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Step Checklist to Choosing a Health Insurance Plan
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- 3 Incredible Healthcare Smart Technologies Coming Your Way
- Do I Need a Long-Term Care Plan?
- Senior Diet: To Meat or Not to Meat
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- How to Get Health Insurance if You’re a Freelancer
- Safety Tips for Driving in Winter
- Ways to Locate a Lost Life Insurance Policy
- Critical Times in Life that You Need Life Insurance
- Giving and Forgiving
- Why Buy Life Insurance on Children
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- What to Avoid When Switching to Medicare from the Public Health Exchange
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Is One of These Factors Keeping You from Seeking Life Insurance?
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Common Senior Micronutrient Deficiencies
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs in Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- How Valuable Is Cash Value Life Insurance?
- Mistakes You Can Make When Exercising at Home
- Why You Should Never Lie to the Underwriter
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Will My Life Insurance Policy Cover Me If Something Happens While Traveling?
- I’ve Been Denied a Life Insurance Policy. Now What?
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Getting Fit Before the Medical Exam
- The Basics of Insurance APIs
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- How to Stay Hydrated During the Summer Season
- Safety Tips for Outdoor Barbecues
- What You Don’t Know About Senior Fitness
- The Last Guide to Chair Yoga You’ll Ever Need
- Sleep Care is the New Self-Care
- Why Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Carbon Monoxide Concerns in the Home
- How to Save on Electricity for Free
- Why You Should be Grateful for the Year 2020
- Whole or Term Life Insurance
- Does a Stay-at-Home Spouse Need Life Insurance?
- Preventing Heart Health Issues
- Life Insurance for Your Newlywed Child
- Exercises for a Sedentary Lifestyle
- Post Pandemic Travel Tips
- Remote Activities You Can Do with Your Grandkids
- Benefits of Grateful Living
- Power Foods that Lift the Spirit
- How to Live Without Regrets
- Reducing Stress Through Music
- Best Nutrition Apps